As the summer 2018 is coming, a lot of people prefer to stay at home and savor frosty drinks. But it is really inconvenient if you want some ice cubes in somewhere far from your refrigerator, especially when you have an outside party like BBQ event or a camping trip. In that case, I recommend you purchase a portable ice maker.
However, choosing a home ice maker is not easy at all, it is such a challenge since there are so many portable ice maker brands and designs available on the market today. All of you know that a wrong choice will waste your money and time, so before buying anything you should make sure that the Portable ice maker you are going to buy is the best one for your need.
To choose the cheap ice maker you should carefully read the reviews on the internet to obtain more information about the machine you want to buy. In order to help you choose the best one, we provide you reliable reviews on best of the best available on the market today.
Today’s review is all about Ice and the making of it. Ice makers have slowly become a necessity in the kitchen, especially during the Summer when any excuse to have something chilled in your mouth will fly. We have three types of consumer icemakers;
- Freezer Icemakers
- Portable icemakers
- Built-in and freestanding icemakers
But today we’ll focus on the portable icemakers, or domestic ice makers; those that comfortably sit on our kitchen top with no objection. We did a little research for you to try and make the weeding out process easier. What we came up with, is a list of four of our favorite mini ice maker. We’ll dive right into each of them to find out what’s working for each product and what’s not.
So, let’s begin by looking into the top 5 Best Portable Ice Maker, according to popular reviews and rankings or satisfactions of customers.
|Name||Weight of ice per day (lbs)||Ice cube sizes (L, M, S)|
|Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S Portable Ice Maker|
|Igloo ICE103 Counter Top Ice Maker||26||L, M, S|
|Della Portable Ice Maker||48||L, M|
|ThinkGizmos TG22 Portable Ice Maker (Professional’s Choice)||26||L, M, S|
|NewAir AI-100 Portable Ice Maker||28||L, M, S|
- 1 Why you need an ice cube maker?
- 2 Home Ice Machine Benefits
- 3 The Best Ice Makers: Compare & Read Reviews
- 4 Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S Portable Ice Maker – Sleek Icemaker
- 5 Igloo ICE103 Counter Top Ice Maker with Over-Sized Ice Bucket – Steady Icemaker
- 6 Della Portable Ice Maker – Easy to use machine
- 7 ThinkGizmos TG22 Portable Counter Top Ice Maker – Life of the party
- 8 NewAir AI-100 Portable Ice Maker – The Ice flash
- 9 Choosing The Best One
- 10 What to consider when selecting Portable Ice Maker
- 11 Cleaning an Ice Maker
- 12 Cleaning tips and safety precautions for the portable ice maker
- 13 How to fix ice maker not working?
- 14 Conclusion
Why you need an ice cube maker?
A lot of people complain that their freezer ice machines have to take too long time to produce ice, it may cost 80 to 130 minutes to produce. This is such a big problem if you need an instant supply. To solve this trouble the icemaker was built, it can create ice in a short of time (10-20 minutes) and the quality is excellent
Home Ice Machine Benefits
It’s very useful in case you need to produce ice on a trip like boating, camping or an outside party. The machine can create enough ice for any occasion.
Another benefit is the short time of producing ice, they can take only 5-15 minutes to create ice. setup is very easy, all things you have to do is pour water and plug it, then you only need to wait several minutes to take the ice. The best device can let you control the size of ice cubes. So that you can create any kind of ice suitable for you need!
The Best Ice Makers: Compare & Read Reviews
We’ve rounded up all our big guns and done a nice little review of our top four ice maker machines:
Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S Portable Ice Maker – Sleek Icemaker
The Avalon Bay is all the rave in Ice Maker lists all over cyber-space. Available in three stylish colors, it’s no wonder it has proudly become a kitchen countertop accessory. Sure it looks good, but there has to be more right? Right!
It has a pretty cool-Automatic overflow protection feature, which prevents melted ice from spilling. Installation is straight-forward though there is a user guide to assist with proper installation. Avalon Bay is a triple threat: fast ice production, classy appearance, and automatic overflow protection & indicators.
The Avalon Bay is an ice maker that is built to last long while still looking good in your home. You have a choice of either silver, black or candy apple red coating. This state of the art device is a great alternative producing home-made ice.
Some of the features that put this machine on the list are:
- It has a bottom drain that prevents messes and spills
- It can make up to 26 lbs of ice in a day
- It has an overflow protection feature
- It has a variety of top coat colors; black, silver or a sleek red
- It’s portable both in size and weight
Igloo ICE103 Counter Top Ice Maker with Over-Sized Ice Bucket – Steady Icemaker
The Igloo ICE103 is both conveniently light and a fast ice making machine for the average homeowner. It is stylishly designed with its stainless steel tools and will offer the same ability to make ice just like a commercial machine.
Design and Features
This model is both stylish and simple in design attributed to its stainless steel finish with smooth edges. It has a cuboid design, but its uncomplicated fan and control panel makes it stand out.
Fast Ice Maker
The Igloo ICE103 is quick to setup and will make your ice in about six minutes. The machine doesn’t need to be manipulated in any way to make the ice production faster. All you need to do is add the water that you need into the reservoir, and you can start making ice. Even after years of use, the machine does not experience malfunction quickly.
It produces high amounts of Ice.
This machine is a delight to those who love ice. It produces 2.2 lbs of ice within minutes. By the end of the day, it can make 26pounds. It doesn’t come with a compartment to store ice, though it does have a small ice- tray. You can choose from a variety of three ice-cube sizes that are all bullet-shaped; small, medium, large.
Simple control panel
The machine’s control panel needs no manual to learn how to operate it. The primary functions; helping you to check if the machine is full, changing ice cube sizes and switching it on and off can be easily accessed and done quickly.
It is possible to connect the ice maker into your water connection system so that you don’t add water every time. This, however, is not recommended. It is a low power consumer, specifically using 120 watts. It also has a drain valve, which you may end up not using because it hardly ever loses any water; it melts back into the water to be used to make ice once more.
Della Portable Ice Maker – Easy to use machine
The Della Portable Ice Maker is designed in black and is both compact and portable. Because of its portable size, the machine is ideal for use in a small kitchen counter-top, RV or boat. It can also be used to make ice bars in restaurants. The finishing on the machine is beautiful, and it comes with easy-to-use controls. It has a see-through window, which allows you to monitor the ice making progress. The light indicator alerts you when the water level in the reservoir runs low. The Della Portable Ice Maker can make fresh ice in as little as 6 minutes.
Green – Features
- It has a Modern Compressor Refrigeration Technology, which allows for quick and efficient Ice Cube making.
- The Della Ice Maker is designed to fit anywhere you want to put it
- It has large clear panels that enable you to monitor the ice levels
- It has two cube sizes to choose from
- The tray lifts out allowing for easier transfer of ice
This Della Portable Ice Maker’s versatility and ease of use make it a standout in the market. The machine setup can be done within a matter of minutes. The sleek design fits next to any plug, and you won’t need to worry about water lines or a drain line. Use of the machine is even easier than setting it up; Fill the ice maker with water, push the button and wait.
ThinkGizmos TG22 Portable Counter Top Ice Maker – Life of the party
Think Gizmos can be referred to as the life of the party. The ice maker can churn out almost 26 lbs of ice in 24 hours. If you have a small gathering or party, filling up ice trays should be the last worry on your mind. A fresh new batch of ice can be produced in six minutes.
The ThinkGizmos Icemaker machine is user-friendly and so easy to use. The touch controls are simple to understand and operate. Many people are not receptive to complicated instructions, so the Think Gizmos instructions are laid out simple and clear.
Green – Features
- Massive daily production of 26 lbs of Ice cubes in a day
- Ice scoop free and one year warranty
- Three different cube sizes for all purposes (S/M/L). Many competing machines just have two sizes. It has large ice storage and large water storage.
- Plug in and use; all you have to do is add water, select the size of ice you want and the ice will be ready in a matter of minutes.
- Stainless steel body and parts
- The machine has a stunning look, which is ideal for the house or office and even for professional use.
- The icemaker comfortably sits on a countertop and gives a warning when the ice basket is full or when the water tank is empty.
- The compressor is efficient and has a low noise level.
- It has a full year warranty and includes a free ice scoop on purchasing.
- There is a convenient viewing window where you can check the progress of the ice.
NewAir AI-100 Portable Ice Maker – The Ice flash
It has three sizes of ice cubes to choose from by making use of the ice volume button located on the control panel. It also has a side mounted drain feature that makes life easier by getting rid of the excess water by the end of the day. This free-standing ice machine includes a removable ice bin that eases up the clean-up process.
Not much needs to be done for installation. Once you have unpacked the machine, it’s recommended that you clean it up first. This could be done with lukewarm water and a cloth and doesn’t take very long. The NewAir Al 100CB machine should then be positioned on a level and sturdy surface that has access to a plug. It is advisable to let is set for a couple of hours before you operate it to allow for the refrigerant to settle in the compressor.
- It has a convenient and compact design that is ideal for use in compact spaces such as RVs and boats and small kitchens.
- It has a powerful compressor that can produce a daily batch of 28 pounds of ice.
- The ice dispenser is easy to use and hassle-free requiring no installation. All that’s needed of you is to plug in, add water and wait up to 15 minutes. Your first batch of ice will be ready, and you can let the party begin!
- The bullet shaped ice is made as frequently as every six minutes. You don’t have to wait too long to enjoy your cool drink.
- There are indicator lights that alert you when you need to add more water or when the basket is full. This ensures that you have a nonstop flow of ice.
Choosing The Best One
When buying a best one you must ask yourself the following questions:
- How much money do you have?
- How much ice do you need?
- How much ice do you want to store?
- What size ice cubes that you want?
- How to maintain this portable ice cube maker?
By answering these question above you can decide what portable ice maker is the best for your need. Then you can shopping at your local store or online store. In my opinion, you should buy at Amazon seen it’s cheaper and you can get a free shipping to your home.
How much money do you have?
Before you start searching for a built-in ice maker to purchase, getting a price range is a great idea. How have to looking for the average prices if portable ice makers then you will compare the price between shop and find the best discount for your ice maker. All thing you have to do is open your computer and searching for it on google.com that will give you an accurate price range.
What to consider when selecting Portable Ice Maker
Before purchasing a new Ice maker, you may have too many options which could confuse you. Here is a quick list of considerations you should consider when choosing an icemaker:
How much ice do you need? – Ice production capacity
One of the most important features in a portable Ice maker is the ice production capacity. Get to know the machine’s production capacity before making the purchase decision. The best ice makers deliver 20 to 30 pounds of ice per day, which is more than sufficient for home use or small gatherings.
What size ice cubes do I want? – Ice sizes
Ice sizes vary with different brand models. Ice makers can produce one, two or three different sizes of cubes; large, medium and small. Some ice makers can only make one size while others make two or three different sizes. Ice cube sizes are not fixed so you can choose an ice maker, which produces ice cubes according to your requirement. It’s better to have an ice machine that has at least two size settings in the control panel.
How much ice do you want to store? – Ice production time
The ice maker that can produce ice as quickly as possible is a winner. The best ice maker is the one that can produce ice in a matter of minutes. At a normal range, the ice production time is 6 to 15m per batch. The production cycle changes, however, according to the operating temperatures; if extremely hot then it will take time. A very good ice maker can generate an average of 9 ice cubes/ cycle.
The machine’s control panel is used for controlling the machine operations. It displays alert and warnings such as overflow and water level and helps to select the ice cube sizes. An ice maker’s control panel is normally made with LED or LCD.
The best ice making machines have this feature as an added advantage. The control panel has an indicator/alert system that gives a signal when there is overflow. The warning may come about when the ice bin is full to prevent an avalanche of ice overflow.
The ice basket is built into the ice maker and is an important component used to store the already produced ice. If the ice maker has a removable ice bin, even better. It assists with cleaning with the help of the ice basket. The capacity of the bucket in the ice machine is dependent on the production of ice in the ice maker.
Ice maker size
When selecting an ice maker, choose one that has a countertop design which can be placed on a table or in a small place. Weightless ice makers are the best choice for the home or at outdoor parties.
How do I maintain it?
Proper maintenance to make sure you can use your portable ice maker for a long time and prevents problems. A good device is the one can be easy to maintenance. It simply wipe down the outside of the unit and clean the water reservoir regularly after use.
Compare list of Portable Ice Makers
In case you determine the features you want the next step is compare portable ice makers which have the similar features. Now you have to create a list you want to buy then use you phone and searching for socomputerews or comparison of it
Cleaning an Ice Maker
Proper care of an ice maker will lead to lengthening its lifetime. For Ice makers to produce ice, they require water. Water, however, is the mixture of different mineral particles. These metals end up damaging the inside of the ice maker. Because of this, it is important to regularly clean the ice maker to prevent the damage of its components. Rusty parts or discoloration in your ice cubes is a clear indicator that you need to clean your machine or that your machine is not being handled with care. The cleaning and installation steps that will be highlighted help to maintain you ice maker.
Ice maker cleaning methods
There are two kinds of cleaning methods that are used widely for portable ice making machines. The first one is the self-cleaning method. It means that the ice maker is built with an internal self-cleaning function. With this particular method, all you have to do is press the self-cleaning button found on the control panel to perform the cleaning function.
The second method of cleaning your ice maker is manual cleaning. This method is more time consuming than the first. Manual processes require safety precautions for the machine to run smoothly. We will dive into how to do it manually in case your ice maker doesn’t have the option to clean automatically.
How to manually clean a portable ice maker
Required solutions: Warm water, Lemon or vinegar, and cleaning solution.
Cleaning tools: Soft Cloth or Brush
Steps to clean the portable ice maker
It might be immaculate to have an ice making machine in your home. The profit of having an ice producer in your house is that you don’t need to go to an accommodation store simply to buy ice that you will need to utilize. There are some transportable ice making machines that will flawlessly fit in your kitchen. The preference of having a compact ice producer is that it is simpler to utilize and here is how to clean a portable ice maker.
1. Switch off the machine. Verify that the machine is not connected to any outlet. This can keep any mishaps from being stunned or shocked while cleaning your machine. Assuming that you can’t discover the off switch, have a go at checking your client’s manual.
2. Separate the water line joined to your ice producer and permitted 10-15 minutes for the machine to get done with making ice.
3. You can then take out a capacity container and evacuate the water top keeping in mind the end goal to empty the remaining water in the machine.
4. While emptying the machine, you can now clean the outer surface segment of the machine. Cleaning the outer surface makes it more engaging, and aides support the sturdiness of the machine.
5. When all the water has been emptied from the machine, you can now continue with cleaning the inside utilizing the cleaner made of the ice creator. There are a ton of cleaning executors you can use for your ice making gear, some of them need some water to be included first. Make a point to peruse what amount of cleaning result you will use in every cleaning.
6. In the wake of putting the cleaning result, press the “Clean” catch and hold up until the cleaning procedure has been finished. Some compact ice producers have an alternate clean catch which is required to be pressed until a flickering light begins. The cleaning process typically takes an hour or two to be finished so you can leave the machine in a safe spot while completing some different things.
7. When the cycle is over, you have to check if there are still a few results left on the inside of the machine. If there are still a few results, run the cleaning process again, however, this time, utilization water just.
8. Assuming that there might be no hints of result left, you can then reinstate the top and set up everything back together and run your ice making supplies.
There are distinctive sorts of water channel cartridges to look over available, and every one fits an alternate framework and channels for diverse particles. These are water channel shift cartridges that might be utilized within icebox water and ice making units, water pitchers and water filtration frameworks that channel higher amounts of water.
Water channel cartridges can come in multi-cartridge packs, which are typically less costly than purchasing a solitary cartridge at once. Water channel cartridges can extend from five dollars up to twenty or all the more, contingent upon the sort of cartridge and the measure of time the cartridge should last before displacement.
That is it; you are carried out cleaning your conveyable ice making gear. Keep in mind to customarily clean your machine with the end goal it should work ideally.
Cleaning tips and safety precautions for the portable ice maker
- Unplug the ice maker to avoid electric shocks.
- Remove all the ice cubes in the ice maker.
- Pull the drain cap off to avoid excess water and muddy water building up while cleaning the ice maker to ensure proper cleaning
- Remove the filter with each wash and clean it with soapy water
- Remove all the loose parts of the ice maker before cleaning it
- Allow the ice maker to air dry to remove the moisture
- Replace old, broken or lost ice machine parts if needed
- Be sure to clean the inner parts of the ice maker with lemon or vinegar
- It is recommended when cleaning, to use a soft cloth
- Fix the all removable components back into their respective places on the ice maker
- Plug in the ice maker and allows it to make some ice
- Discard that first batch
How to fix ice maker not working?
Ice makers are fantastic inventions, which help cool your drink on a hot summer day. Today almost every household has one, and they are getting even more popular. Ice makers work just like a refrigerator with an ice trait inside, but the ice maker performs all of the actions automatically. You simply pour water inside, it then freezes and comes out like ice cubes.
The ice maker has improved the process of making ice cubes because you no longer need to wait long hours for the water to become ice. What is more, you no longer have to break and hit an ice trait to get several ice cubes into your drink, the ice maker stores all the ice cubes inside and they are easy to pick up.
Today there are numerous types of ice makers, they range from small ones, for individual use and large factory grade ice makers, but here we will focus on the smaller ones, which can be found in most kitchens. There is also a wide range of ice makers to choose from, and they all have their pros and cons, if you want to see what each ice maker model offers and what features they have, check out this awesome website, which has every bit of information you would need.
No electronic device will work flawlessly, and ice makers are no exception. Ice maker not working is a common mistake. They can stop working and cause frustration when there is no ice on a hot day. The reasons for them stopping to work might be several.
Ice maker not working – How to Repair an Ice Maker
Firstly, the ice maker has several connections, it has to be plugged into a power source, so there might be a problem with that, a sure way of knowing is to plug your ice maker into the same circuit as your refrigerator. The other connection is to the plumbing of your home; this will provide a constant water supply for your ice maker so that ice will be constantly available. This connection should also be shared with your refrigerator to avoid any mishaps.
Even when your ice maker is functioning properly, and everything seems to be in place, it can stop working. If you have tried everything and you are certain that when the ice maker is turned on, it still does not produce ice, the problem might be with the plumbing. A blockage may have formed inside the filling tube and water cannot reach the ice maker, this is the most common problem for users and to fix it you can just simply apply a hair dryer near the tube, to melt the ice formed inside.
More often than not the ice maker still does not work after numerous attempts at fixing it. When a device uses water and electricity it is at a high risk of technical failure, so the best thing to consider is to look for a high-quality ice maker, which will last for a long time. As mentioned before, you can look for the ice maker of your choice on this website; it provides detailed descriptions and reviews on the best ice makers out there.
All the five ice makers reviewed are of superior quality and have their fair share of pros and cons. It all boils down to your lifestyle, where you will use the machine and how much you have to spare. There is no clear winner because all are winners. Choose the ice maker that makes you happy and suits your household/activity. Always remember to take good care of the machine to ensure that it will keep working at optimum levels.